We, at The Children’s School, are dedicated to teaching in the philosophy of progressive education. On a daily basis, our faculty work with the children to challenge them academically, support their social and emotional development, and celebrate their accomplishments. We implement a diverse curriculum and encourage each child to develop their intellectual curiosity each day.
The Children’s School is committed to:
- Experiential learning that encourages hands-on, cooperative experiences.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and intrinsic motivation.
- Challenging students to take personal and social responsibility, and to respect their own and others’ values.
- Facilitating children’s exposure to civic engagement projects and ideals.
- Assessing student’s skills and knowledge in a developmentally appropriate way without reliance on test scores.
- An integrated project-based curriculum that aligns with local, state, and national academic standards.
- Developing students who are confident with leadership skills.
- Child-centered learning that honors small class sizes and low student teacher ratios.
- Providing multi-age, collaborative experiences for all students.
- Encouraging children to investigate, explore, question, and discuss.
- Respect for children’s unique learning styles.
- Welcoming parents as partners in teaching.
- Supporting lifelong learning.